Sunday, April 17, 2011

Retirement? What?

I have 28 more days to work before I'm done as a professional school counselor. I have spent many hours considering what I want to do next. In some ways I feel like a teenager trying to decide on what direction to go in life. There are so many things that interest me that I find it challenging to get serious about a decision. Some of the things that I want to do are: purge my life of stuff that I've accumulated over the years. I am reading Unstuff Your Life! by Andrew J. Mellen and I highly recommend it if you are interested in organization and clearing out extra stuff that you really don't need. My next project is getting Kenny up and moving. There is a senior center at our park district and I plan to take him there 2-3 days weekly for exercise. Wish me luck as he doesn't seem too motivated to get moving. But, I can't in good conscience just give up before I even try to help him. I will also be spending time with Veda during June. Her mommy is planning to take a summer class in Tennessee on an archeological dig. Veda will enter kindergarten in the fall. We will visit the library and any other place I can take her to enrich her life and help her learn. After school starts, Kenny and I may take a bus trip to Door County for a few days. We are also looking into a train trip to San Antonio. I want to develop more on the internet, with a website and more blogging. And I want to continue to be an activist in the political arena. Then, I also want to do some counseling somewhere on a part-time basis. Of, course, God may have an entirely different plan for me, so, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment